A really good piece of art is supposed to stir up emotions in you when you look at it. I'm definitely no art enthusiast, but when I stumbled upon this picture, I knew that it is one of those good ones!

Sphere: Related Content

8 Opinions

  1. Nomad Diplomat // 22 April 2008 at 15:51

    Wow, ranked 318 :-))) U doing awesome! I'm so proud of you!

  2. HoTsTePPa // 22 April 2008 at 16:02

    Thanks love :)

    Best New Blog 2008-2009 here i come ;)

  3. AQUILOGY // 23 April 2008 at 09:33

    do you happen to know who the photographer is?

    And before I forget you should do a post about the sablog awards wimmers I think they suck

  4. AQUILOGY // 23 April 2008 at 09:34

    I meant the winners....sorry

  5. HoTsTePPa // 23 April 2008 at 16:00

    The photographers name is Pieter Ten Hoopen!

    He said this about this photo:

    “This image was taken about one month after the earthquake in Pakistan. People were still coming down from the mountains trying to find shelter and were suffering from trauma. Winter was on the way and the need for shelter was urgent. This father with his child had been collecting food. I spent ten days in Balakot documenting the situation after the quake. People were still digging for their family members.”

  6. HoTsTePPa // 23 April 2008 at 16:02

    Would love to hear why you think the Sa Blog awards winners suck!

    Im very new to the blogging scene and have not been around long enough to judge, but please feel free to enlighten me with your views :)

  7. AQUILOGY // 24 April 2008 at 11:46

    I just thought it was a little unfair to "normal" blogs that these so called corporate blogs dominated the list. And since the awards are based on votes, a breakfast dj could simply tell his/her listeners to vote for him/her

  8. HoTsTePPa // 24 April 2008 at 17:14

    Very true. Blogs maintained by more than one person should have its own category. Unfortunately though, the SA blog scene is very limited and sponsorship is tight, hence so few categories.

    But I would like to go against blogs like mine and not a blog being punted by a giant corporate with thousands to spend in advertising!