It's true, heroes drive Audi's. Close your eyes for a second and think back about all the action movies that you have seen lately. Now tell me what stands out the most?

  • The Transporter 2
  • Ronan
  • I-Robot,
  • Hitman
  • and the latest is Iron Man.
Without a doubt, these movies have truly encapsulated the image of Audi and have used the vehicles as key roles in the the movies that further add the cool factor to the characters!

I-Robot would have simply been another action movie without the Audi RSQ, Hitman without the Audi S5 would have been Wimpman and Iron Man without the Audi R8 would have been called Jelly Man. Dammit, even Starsky and Hutch drove an Audi 100!

Many of you will argue that BMW and Aston Martin in the Bond films is probably bigger and fair enough. Aston Martin does deserve mention here. BMW, however, doesn't deserve recognition. In fact, the only reason that BMW was favoured by the MI6 was because Aston Martin held the license to supply cars for the movies, and BMW had just bought Aston. It was decided that the image of BMW needed the lift and with a complete disregard to tradition, the idiots at Ingolstadt gave Bond a BMW instead.

Thank heavens that things have sorted themselves out and Bond rolls in an Aston Martin again!

Thanks for stuffing up the tradition BMW!

So, if Superman develops a fear for heights and can't fly anymore, you can be sure that he will be found an Audi!

Sphere: Related Content

8 Opinions

  1. Nomad Diplomat // 30 April 2008 at 09:54

    Audi dia-hard fan!

  2. HoTsTePPa // 30 April 2008 at 13:43

    Do you blame me?
    If its good enough for Iron Man, it's good enough for me!

  3. AngelConradie // 06 May 2008 at 08:02

    you are now officially in my brother's good books.

  4. HoTsTePPa // 06 May 2008 at 10:47

    Well, I'm only stating the facts :)

    Now that I have the car, I think I need the costume. I need a cool colour scheme! hhmmmmm

  5. Anonymous // 31 May 2008 at 22:37

    Now all we need is someone to put the V12 TDI R8 in a movie, then we'd all be looking at a little piece of heaven.

  6. HoTsTePPa // 01 June 2008 at 00:36

    I'm so stoked about that car! I simply can't wait to see it come to SA!

    Would kill to drive it!

    I've found my brand of choice and when its time to upgrade again, I'll merely upgrade to a better Audi!!!

  7. Anonymous // 10 August 2008 at 00:48

    There was another movie ("Goal II") that used Audi A8 W12.

    >>> http://www.audi.com/audi/com/en2/experience/cinema/goal2.html

  8. Anonymous // 10 August 2008 at 00:51

    http://www.audi.com/audi/com/en2
    /experience/cinema/goal2.html