I've become the goto guy when it comes to electronics and gadgets for many friends. I love helping out, so I don't mind. I get pretty carried away with my research and I try to make sure that the advise that I'm giving is pretty solid.

A popular statement is, "I need a laptop, but I don't know which one!"

Before you can figure out which laptop to buy, try asking yourself one simple question, what are you going to do with it?
Once you have answered that question clearly, figuring out your best buy is pretty easy.
If you are going to use it for only work and saving a few documents and excel files, then hard drive space isn't THAT important. If you are you going to be just using it for browsing the internet, then make sure that it is fitted with a good wireless adapter. If you are going to develop or use hard core programs on it, then you will need lots of RAM.

Part 1: Choosing the right screen size!
Where you use the laptop and how often, will also help you to decide the screen size. There is no point in owning a 12" screen and you intend watching movies on it at home all day, and similarly, there is no point in owning a 21" screen if you find yourself traveling often. The convenient size right now seems to be the 15.4", it is perfect for a movie, light and small enough to carry around, and big enough not to strain your eyes when using it for long hours.

Screen size is directly proportional to the weight of the laptop as well, so figure out how strong your shoulders are before choosing the size. Of late, the smaller screens seem to be more expensive models as well. And no, owning the most expensive one, doesn't always mean that you owning the best one!

Part 2: Choosing the Hard drive size! ...

Sphere: Related Content

2 Opinions

  1. Nomad Diplomat // 07 April 2008 at 10:06

    I'm sure this will really reduce workload for your free consultation job!

  2. HoTsTePPa // 07 April 2008 at 10:40

    :)
    lets see...
    I hope to do one for laptops, cellphones, digital cameras, mp3 players, etc. Anything that ppl usually ask me for advice on.