The Nokia E61 and E62i were evangelists in its domain, and the launch of the Nokia E71 saw the business phone grow up quite a bit. I'm a Nokia E71 owner and I absolutely love the device.

Everything from the E71 alarm clock to the Mail for Exchage integration. The design is stunning and the form factor is pure perfection. Kudos to the designers and engineers on the E71.

I guess, when you have something so close to perfection, its tough to beat it. SO the designers at Nokia must have had a real hard time coming up with something decent for the E63. But judging from the spy shots of the Nokia E63, it looks like it was designed at 4:45pm on a Friday by a Finnish designer who just bought himself a new set of colouring pencils!






<--Nokia E71 Nokia E63-->














Early reports show it as having a 320 x 240 resolution display, WiFi, Bluetooth, Symbian S60, a microSD card slot, 3.5-millimeter headphone jack and UMTS / HSDPA. And judging from the pics, the keyboard has been altered slightly to include easy access to brackets and the space bar has been shortened. Good move!

Sphere: Related Content

3 Opinions

  1. Anonymous // 26 October 2008 at 19:37

    The thing I love the most about my E71 is that it's all metal rather than plastic with a metal paintjob. The E63 is exactly the same with a plastic casing. I'll stick with the E71 for the moment :P

  2. HoTsTePPa // 27 October 2008 at 10:09

    I completely agree...the build quality on the E71 is brilliant!
    A few niggles though that I have been using it for a while:

    The brackets are tough to get to and use often enough to justify a spot on the qwerty.

    I still dont get the SMS, Missed Call, etc icons at the bottom of the screen.

    I only figured out last week, that if i hold the centre button down while in standby mode, it shows me the clock...nice feature (needs to be advertised more tho!)

    Else, me likey!

  3. Anonymous // 10 February 2009 at 09:43