I’m on my way to Beijing, China, to spend some time with my babes! I’ve been meaning to go for a long time, but circumstances and Murphy made sure that I haven’t made it as yet!

So early evening yesterday, 30 September, I was dropped off at Cape Town International Airport and a few hours later I’m boarding a flight to Doha. It was a pleasant flight, bar the stale toasted roll that I was served as a snack. Chicken, cheese and peppers…yum! The other meals were really good!

After a pretty long flight and me doing a small acrobatic stunt to fit my +PLUS sized ass across 3 seats dodging armrests and managing to stay strapped in with my seatbelt (This feat would make McGyver jealous!), I arrived in Doha about 2 hours ago, just before 7am local time.

Doha International is a kinda funny to pin down in words. It’s a mix between the glam life of Dubai but on a very rundown, unmaintained level. The floors are dirty, the bathrooms are horrible and the airport food court reminds me of a dodgy Gatsby take-away in Cape Town called Golden Dish, but the lights are bright and they have a Range Rover parked in the Duty Free area!


On arrival, I’m told that my visa wasn’t arranged by my travel agent, so I’m stuck here for 18 hours. Great!

The guys at Flight Centre better pull through for me, cos I’m borderline pissed now!

Sphere: Related Content

7 Opinions

  1. Nomad Diplomat // 01 October 2008 at 09:18

    I tell you this Guy Murphy's got beef with you!

    Nonetheless, he's a fag!

  2. Anonymous // 01 October 2008 at 23:24

    So awesome to have you blogging as you go on your venture! Hope you're not delayed too much, argh!

  3. Unknown // 07 October 2008 at 10:53

    Hi Dee,
    we are missing you in our scum.

    Regards
    David, Liam and Bronwyn.
    PS Please use Drupal cos it works better and has decent mobile package.

  4. Anonymous // 13 October 2008 at 15:09

    When are you planning on loading up some photographs from the trip?

  5. Anonymous // 14 October 2008 at 21:58

    u fucking asshole if the floor dirty dat's bcoz u stepped on it & if the toilet horrible coz dey were shitting on u inside...u people come 2 arab countries u think ur da fuckin' best, ur livin' from our shits... n' u'll come 2 work in our countries coz u need us n' @ da end u'll laugh @ our bak thinkin' dat ur fuckin' smart enough 2 fool arabs....go get da fuk all of u..

  6. HoTsTePPa // 15 October 2008 at 00:01

    @anonymous - Wow! I never really thought that my article was so negative towards arabs. I apologise for insulting you, but it was not my intention.

    I would have hoped for a more mature approach from you if you were offended, but I guess that this is the kind of mindset that have you predetermined before you commented.

    I look forward to having you back on my blog, but next time perhaps with a more tact, mature response to my articles and also not hiding behind an anonymous id.

    Thank you for reading my articles and please feel free to come back!

  7. Anonymous // 10 February 2009 at 09:40