Windows only: Chart Advisor, a free plug-in for Excel 2007, takes the guess-and-hope element out of making your spreadsheet data presentable. The plug-in adds a single button to Excel's "Insert" toolbar, and clicking it brings up a window with the Advisor's recommended layouts, ranked in order of relevance. Mouse over the chart layouts to see a preview, then click on "Modify Chart" to filter and change the data being used.

It's definitely more helpful than Excel's default chart and graph chooser, and helps graphing newbies figure out how to tweak their displays. Chart Advisor is a free plug-in, requires 32-bit Windows XP or Vista and Excel 2007. See below for a video demonstration of Chart Advisor's features.

<a href="http://video.msn.com/?mkt=en-US&amp;playlist=videoByUuids:uuids:3092cdf1-75ff-409e-9bdb-b4a818b39952&amp;showPlaylist=true&amp;from=shared" target="_new" title="Chart Advisor Overview">Video: Chart Advisor Overview</a>

Sphere: Related Content

3 Opinions

  1. Anonymous // 04 November 2008 at 10:47

    I have gone through your blog and it is interesting. I want ask you if you know how to insert a drop down box, can you give me any idea of it. I have done it, but it did not see, however when i click to that cell it shows drop down cell. Any idea!!!!!!!!!!!1

  2. HoTsTePPa // 04 November 2008 at 21:02

    @anonymous - I'm not sure that I understand you. What language are you coding in?

    Welcome to my blog and I hope that you become a regular!

  3. Anonymous // 10 February 2009 at 09:44