Job Hunting Trauma

Posted by HoTsTePPa | | | 0 Opinions »

I had plans of completing my MBA before I put my education to work and get myself a job. But circumstances have led to the realization that I won't be able to rush off to the admissions department of the top Business schools just yet. Financial constraints are forcing me to get a job now, and hopefully save up enough cash to make that visit to the admissions department in say, 1 year from now.

So I have started job hunting. Based on my willingness to travel and my self-sufficient nature, I'm searching for jobs in any country, just as long as the salary is decent, and the work is respectable.

My first stop, being the Google addict that I am, was to google online job placement portals. So now I am a registered user on at least three such portals. Two of which are based in South Africa and one in India. My educational qualifications (yes, I do have an education!), my personal details, my skills set and my work experience have all been uploaded.

I've been working for a long time. Since I was a kid, I've been drawn into the family business and have given all my teenage weekends to the family businesses. I've had a few other jobs as well and I have even sold insurance for a little bit.

But none of my jobs have been directly related to my academic pursuits. So now I find myself looking at IT related jobs online that require a minimum of two years working experience. There are no jobs available for freshly graduated candidates.

Excellent, now I will never get a job, because I don’t have experience, and I won't get experience because I don’t have a job.

How does anyone solve this 'stone-in-my-shoe' type problem?

By the way, if you know of anyone hiring, let me know ;).

Sphere: Related Content

0 Opinions