The true measure of a success for anything, is when people start making vowels out of their name!

There is no doubt that every computer literate soul who has ever used a mouse has heard of Google and has probably googled something in their lives. Googling has become the basis for most research sessions by billions of internet users the world over. Whether it be for educational purposes or the car enthusiast keeping up to date with the latest releases, Google is the "go-to" guy!

I have to admit that my life without Google will be very very different. Just off the top of my head, I'm a user of

at least once a day.

It seems that I fall into the 41+ searches a day section on the Google rankings. Thats the highest section. I can understand why the high number of searches, I guess my blogging research is a large part of that and I help my angel out with her research as well. But then I turn to Google to find phone numbers and addresses instead of using the telephone directory services. I turn to Google to learn instead of an encyclopedia or a library. I turn to Google for just about any information that I need/want.

This addiction has led me to ask the following:
  • Is so much of Google healthy?
  • Exactly how much Google is too much Google?
  • What else can Google possibly do to make life more convenient and make me love them more?
  • Do you have any cool ideas for Google? (Don't worry we wont steal your ideas!)

Sphere: Related Content

4 Opinions

  1. Nomad Diplomat // 20 April 2008 at 07:34

    Mr. Google Lover! ;-)

    I do agree with everything you said though! Google email is by far the most convenient, fast and hassle-free. And gtalk is simple and easy to use. Picassa is the bomb!

    Yayyy to google!

  2. HoTsTePPa // 20 April 2008 at 07:58

    Yup, If any company does applications 'easy to use', its Google. They spend ALOT of time looking at usability of their products, which is great.

    I'm looking forward to the dream of a Google operating system!

  3. AngelConradie // 21 April 2008 at 07:36

    heh heh... god bless google i say!!!
    damien and i would be stumped without it- i have used it many times to answer a question he has asked me (we google together) and he has learnt to do homework research himself too.

  4. HoTsTePPa // 21 April 2008 at 08:47

    The education would be one dull place without Google!

    School assignments have also adapted quite a lot to accommodate Google. back in the day an assignment included making a poster or drawing up a speech, now the expect full blown research with projector based presentations and in some cases, kids are even encouraged to post their projects on a website before class.

    By the time my kids come along, things are gonna be SO cool!