I'm no fan of Zuma! Fair enough the guy is yet to be convicted of his crimes but I dont think that we need a leader with criminal charges pending over his head. The guy has become the punch line for many bar jokes lately and many many South Africans have a hugely negative perception of guy and are even making plans to migrate as he comes to into office.

He is also chief of a group who call themselves "Dumb things to say on trial!"

But, and this is a huge but, Zuma has been impressing me lately. Finding all the right policies to throw his weight behind and scoring points with the people by calling for the death penalty, by supporting root level revamps of various ministries and now his latest call for a no nonsense stand on crime.

"Let us do something that favours the victim and not the criminal. We overstretch human rights some times." was his words. He also asked, "Why are rapists and murderers allowed bail applications?".
If he has what it takes to rid South Africa of at least the crime, then I say hell yeah, bring it Jay Zee!

I'll even download your "Umshini Wam’, mshini wam" ringtone as a pledge of my support!

Sphere: Related Content

2 Opinions

  1. AngelConradie // 15 April 2008 at 07:27

    aaah... zuma, the consumate politician! i can't help but wonder if he's just saying exactly what everyone wants to hear in order to get himself into office.
    he's still a crook after all...

  2. HoTsTePPa // 15 April 2008 at 07:35

    very true... But I think I am ready to throw my hands in the air hopelessly recognising that nothing we say or do now will change the fact that the will be our next dealer... i mean leader!

    It takes a criminal mind to be able to root out criminals, so this could end up being pretty amusing!