I drove past a taxi the other day whose sound system was so loud, one would have thought that the speakers were used at the rugby games at Newlands. I heard the taxi before I saw it!

The mirror was taped down, a screw driver in the window holding it up and grey duct tape all along the roof line, probably the only thing holding the roof down! What really cracked me up was that the rear number plate was upside down.

Why spend so much on a sound system, but stinge on maintenance? I guess its the truly South African mentality! Maybe that's why I laughed and didn'tget upset

Sphere: Related Content

8 Opinions

  1. Anonymous // 04 May 2008 at 23:00

    That's hilarious! I must admit, I've seen the same thing and thought the same thoughts as you!

    One would assume they'd spend the money on the vehicle, therefore encouraging passengers, therefore making money, therefore being able to purchase a killer sound system? Then again, what are the chances that the sound system was paid for ;)

  2. HoTsTePPa // 04 May 2008 at 23:07

    I have also seen Corsas here, in the northern suburbs, with body kits, sound systems and rims that are worth more the car. That would have been cool, if they realised that a Hello Kitty sticker REALLY doesn't match the hectic trance music!

  3. Anonymous // 04 May 2008 at 23:10

    ROFL! Man you're totally right, I've seen some incredible cars with amazing imported body kits and chrome rims and then they go and stick a bumper sticker on the car.. I just don't get it sometimes!

    This is probably what 'anonymous' would do :P~

  4. HoTsTePPa // 04 May 2008 at 23:19

    yeah!

    Though then i guess its different strokes for different folks!

    I have to admit, as much as i hate taxis, those guys who collect the cash in em are DUK funny! I don't think anyone could talk more "kak" than them! :)

  5. Anonymous // 05 May 2008 at 21:23

    hehe, can just image them selling cigarette cartons for brakepads, or have special for "Buy one woofer, get 4 cigarette breakpads FREE"

  6. HoTsTePPa // 05 May 2008 at 21:39

    :)

    Did anyone notice those cool new SA flag stickers the taxis have now?

    Those things are actually cool with the spiral colours etc.

    And as I say it, i can hear ppl screaming, small things amusing a small mind!

  7. Anonymous // 05 May 2008 at 23:29

    Did anyone notice those cool new SA flag stickers the taxis have now?

    I've not seen them, try grab a photo..

  8. HoTsTePPa // 06 May 2008 at 00:20

    Will try dude!