If you have ever used Vista, you would know how helpful the little scope windows on the taskbar is when you hover your mouse over it. But, if you have any ounce of self respect, you would probably be using Firefox as your browser of choice.

Tab Scope is a browser plugin that mimics this functionality and also extends on it, with the tabs having back, forward, zoom, reload and close functions as well.

I've found this plugin to be SUPER useful as I am a tab junky with at least 15 tabs open on each browser window. So, in my quest to configure the ultimate browser, I wholely endorse this plugin and it gets the HoTsTePPa stamp of approval!

If you don't have Firefox yet, its honestly worth it! Download it here by clicking on the firefox logo above!

Sphere: Related Content

11 Opinions

  1. Anonymous // 03 June 2008 at 04:21

    Neat stuff. I don't have Vista, and probably wont.

  2. Nomad Diplomat // 03 June 2008 at 09:15

    I dig the visuals!

  3. AngelConradie // 03 June 2008 at 19:24

    so... you don't like me anymore coz i use ie7?

  4. HoTsTePPa // 03 June 2008 at 22:01

    @Jared - Don't worry with Vista just yet, XP does the trick well! It does have some cool useful features though, like the taskbar scope, even though you need to mod it to make it actually worth anything.

    @island chic - :) I absolutely LOVE the picture!

    @angel - what is the point of having a blog without readers? IE, Firefox or even Opera alike, a reader is the prized core of the success of blogging!

  5. Anonymous // 03 June 2008 at 23:40

    Ah yes, I used this plugin for a while, but the thing about Firefox is the amount of resources it uses and this one will add to that in quite a way. However, with the final release of FF3, I'm sure it won't be too bad..

  6. HoTsTePPa // 03 June 2008 at 23:49

    Surprisingly, the only plugin that I've experienced problems with, is Firebug on a GMail page!

    I don't know why, but Google has recognised this and have a warning on GMail if Firebug is detected.

  7. Jameson // 11 June 2008 at 11:24

    Hmm I just installed this plugin and am already finding very useful. Finally my 20+ are easier to manage! :P

  8. Anonymous // 19 June 2008 at 17:47

    I don't have Vista anymore, praise the lord! Plus, have FF3 now, and while I do rock the tabs, can probably live without it.

    P.S. Also loving those visuals, classic!

  9. Anonymous // 30 June 2008 at 22:42

    All these plugins work on FF3. If you have recently updated the plugin, the micro windows are now fully usable, so if you resize them to a fairly readable size, it is possible for you to CLICK on any buttons or links within the window!

    VERY cool!!!

  10. Anonymous // 28 January 2009 at 18:04

    does this plugin exist for windows xp too? i don't feel like buying vista shit XD

  11. Anonymous // 28 January 2009 at 20:53

    @anonymous - Firefox does work in Windows XP and so does all its plugins. You should not experience any compatibility issues. I currently use the same plugin on Vista and XP and thoroughly enjoy it!

    I have since moved my blog to http://dchetty.co.za and I have posted quite a few more Firefox posts since this one, so feel free to visit my new blog!

    Thanks for visiting!