My absence from blogging recently has been with good reason.

The reason is simple actually. I started blogging seriously a few months ago, when I found myself devoid of a full time job and self employment afforded me the free time to happily blog away. This has changed! I am no longer privileged with the sleep ins and the freedom that I once had.
I am now employed full-time.

November last year, a very good friend of mine, Chris M, posted an article about a position available on his VERY reputable, award-winning blog. He then encouraged me to contact the agent, even though I was at first doubtful, I took his advice. I should also mention here that, Chris has also just been selected to have his articles posted on TechLeader, the Mail & Guardian powered blog and shot to fame today with the most reads of a blog post for his first post which went up this morning. Well done mate!

After a 6 month long recruitment process, a few interviews and a research paper later, I was called on Thursday last week to set up a contract signing meeting. Friday morning I signed and I started on Monday at 8am!

My new title is New Product Strategist and I am employed by the leading ISP in SA (40% market share is leading!), MWEB, to research new technologies, new product concepts and product strategies!

Its a flipping amazing job spec and the work is exactly what I would like to be doing at this point in my career. I am really excited about it and I am certain that it will prove to be just the challenge that I have been looking for.

My entrepreneurial projects will continue to function at full capacity and will only result in me being a VERY busy man!

I think its fitting to mention, that my girlfriend has been pushing and supporting me non stop and it has culminated with me getting this position. I don't think that I would have achieved half of what I have, without her support and encouragement! Thank you love!

Sphere: Related Content

11 Opinions

  1. Anonymous // 23 May 2008 at 00:58

    You know bud, I might have pointed you in the right direction and all, but honestly, they made a seriously good hire! If there's anything I know, it's that you're an asset to any company of initiative! I hope they realise that they've made one hell of a good investment!

    All the best for the months to come, and in a year when you're a CEO of mweb, holler at me - bugger lunch on you, a trip to an exotic island on you ;)

    Well done Dee!

  2. Unknown // 23 May 2008 at 17:52

    Congratulations, Dee! :)

    Now, how's about some free bandwidth, eh? ;D

  3. HoTsTePPa // 23 May 2008 at 18:00

    @Chris - Island u say? Let me scribble that down!

    @marc - Shot dude! You and me both want free bandwidth! I also want free Nando's, free petrol and free international calls to Singapore, but thats where it ends... me wanting! ;)

  4. Nomad Diplomat // 23 May 2008 at 21:46

    Ey, nonsense! No one but you deserve the credit for this. You made it happen and u did great love. I'm proud of you my strategist! ;-)

    Btw free international calls to Singapore sounds aweosome! lol.

  5. Anonymous // 24 May 2008 at 15:29

    Scribble it down mate! You pick the island and we'll mission :)

  6. Anonymous // 24 May 2008 at 15:42

    NICE one man! Very well done!

    There's nothing more rewarding than that 1st pay-cheque (which should be arriving soon??!)

    Welcome to the world of 'slave to the tax man' dude!

  7. HoTsTePPa // 24 May 2008 at 15:59

    @CJC - Not my first job mate, so the tax man has been raping me for a long time already!

    No hard feelings though, they recently resurfaced our roads, the tree fellers where around the other day and water works are doing upgrades in the area, so I'd like to think that I paid for a lil bit of that! :)

  8. Anonymous // 25 May 2008 at 02:02

    Damn the tax man!

  9. AngelConradie // 26 May 2008 at 07:40

    awesome! spectacular! that is so exciting!!!

  10. Anonymous // 31 May 2008 at 22:15

    Congrats! Drinks are on you now, right?

  11. HoTsTePPa // 01 June 2008 at 00:28

    Thanks mate!