I have been so chuffed with my little Gmail skin and the added functionality that it brought me, that I set out on a quest to find a way to use an HTML email signature in Gmail. Currently, GMail will place the image of a signature as an attachment and it appears at the bottom of the page which is very uncool!

So, in the quest to make the most awesome email account, the "awesomest" email account, I will be looking at making subtle changes using plugins. I should also make it VERY clear, that all these plugins will run on your browser and will in NO WAY affect the performance of GMail.

Once again, this is a browser plugin for Firefox, and honestly, if you are STILL using Internet Explorer, then get with the program!

Once again, its a SIMPLE process:

  • Install Greasemonkey plugin for Firefox.
  • Install the script by clicking on GMail HTML Signature.
  • Then open up a text editor and write a HTML signature and save it in a text file.
  • Now open GMail and notice on the Compose Email window, there is a link that says CREATE SIGNATURE. Simply click on it and place your html code for the signature in the box.
  • Hit Save!
I placed the image that I wanted to include in the signature on a server with a link to it in the HTML code. This makes the signature VERY light, saving you bandwidth and prized email space!

Related Article: Coolest GMail Skin!

Sphere: Related Content

4 Opinions

  1. Anonymous // 29 May 2008 at 22:16

    One word of warning, this does not work for FF3 :)

  2. HoTsTePPa // 29 May 2008 at 22:20

    Thanks Chris!

    I didn't try it on FF3, its still very buggy, so I'm holding off for a later release.

  3. Anonymous // 26 July 2008 at 16:56

    Check out this Firefox add-on which allows you to easily maintain up to four separate rich HTML signatures for each email address you have set up in your Gmail account.

    http://blankcanvasweb.com/pages/detail/id_9/n_gmail_signatures/

  4. Unknown // 01 January 2014 at 10:28

    Thanks for this guidance about email signature. I am using a different extension that offers so many signature templates. The option you have suggested is also a good one.
    digital certificate