Google Chrome launched to much limelight recently. I thought that the entire thing was quite amusing. Google managed to build an entire browser without the world knowing, until a couple of hours before the launch. On the back of the leak, they launched a cartoon depicting how it works, and hours later the world was busy installing Chrome to much ooohhing and aaahhing.

Even more amusing, is how saturated the Chrome phenomenon became and what an amazing pace. Everyone everywhere knows about it and is talking about as if it has been around for years. I think that Google really out-did themselves with their brand on this one!Unfortunately, I have to say that I am still using Firefox 3.0 as my default browser. Purely because of my plugins that I have come to love. Especially my Cool GMail Skin, I'm just not ready to trade it yet!

And now its possible to get almost all of Chromes functionality in Firefox by using an array of plugins to spruce up your browser. The latest plugin that I have just installed, aptly called Chrome Package, uses Chromes "tabs on top" look and does a great job of mimicking the look and feel of Google Chrome.

Unfortunately, Firefox is going to have to go back to the drawing board to come up with the silo process management feature that makes Chrome so cool!

Sphere: Related Content

2 Opinions

  1. Nomad Diplomat // 11 September 2008 at 06:08

    Five articles on google and google products on ur homepage :-) That's truely a die-hard fan!

  2. HoTsTePPa // 11 September 2008 at 10:31

    Google seem to be the only people shaking things up nowadays! I love their drive for innovation and out of the box approach to business.

    They make great products, they never advertise, but they always kill the competition. They are clearly do SOMETHING right!